Saturday, April 6, 2013

Longest Winter Ever...

It was just starting to look good: rain in the forecast, snow melting into giant piles of dirt, Thunderdog becoming so used to having her paws wiped off upon entering the house that she gets huffy if I forget.  Spring looked imminent.  And then...


Hello ore boat my old friend

...nine inches of snow has fallen in the last 24 hours.  Nine very heavy, wet inches of snow.  This is heart attack snow, folks. This is the sort of snow that older people and people with health issues should just sit back and let it melt instead of trying to shovel it.  Just walking through it was bad enough!

There is so much that I have planned for this spring/summer/fall.  I just want to get going on it!!  I thought about getting my snowshoes out today, but my heart isn't in it any more.  *sigh*  Oh well, it'll all melt in a few days anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment