Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lake County Demonstration Forest, part 2: April 1, 2012

Thunderdog and I returned to the Lake County Demonstration Forest last Sunday - and this time we brought Joe AND my phone (camera) with us.  Since I just wrote about the first trip to the LCDF (on Sunday we took the same path I'd taken earlier that week) I'll just post some of the pictures from Sunday.

Map of the Lake County Demonstration Forest, complete with buckshot



A carpet of red needles, walls of green (and Joe in the distance)

I love how the big needles catch on the branches of other pines on the way down.  They wave like dancers on the wind.

Red on green

Knife River, when it is but a gurgling brook

Thunderdog loves snow-
she enjoyed one last chance to chomp it and nose around in it.

Total miles hiked today:  2.0

Total miles hiked (in 2012): 14.8

No comments:

Post a Comment