Thursday, January 30, 2014

Candlelight Snowshoeing in Lindbergh State Park: January 24, 2014

Temps had moderated a bit, there was a fresh coating of snow on the ground, Joe and I had Friday evening off...time for a snowshoe trip!  Lindbergh State Park was hosting a Candlelight Snowshoe event on January 24th, so we strapped on the snowshoes and headed out.


Candles in the snow

The candles lit the path so that we weren't stomping blindly all over creation.  There were also plenty of other people around - lots of kids too, fun! - so there was little chance of falling into the Mississippi.  It was fun to be in the winter woods at night - perhaps we'll have to try it again without the candles and the crowds.  


Hello, snowshoes!

It was not easy to take pictures in the dark, in the snow, or in a location that was solely lit by candles.  I was glad to hand off the camera to Joe so that he could try to get a picture of me in my Snowshoe Pose - one of the few that actually came out.  

1 comment:

  1. I think all of your links from 2012-2013 are dead..which, of course, covers where we’re headed next week! Probably lots has changed there in the 6-7 years since posting. Thought I’d mention that I gave up after half of the trail this week at Lindbergh park...was getting bugs in my nose and mouth they were so thick...and that was with bug spray on! Snowshoeing might be the best way to finish this hike.

    ReplyDelete