Monday, July 2, 2012

Gooseberry State Park: June 30, 2012

Return to Gooseberry!  Thunderdog and I had conquered the Hiking Club Trail at Gooseberry earlier in the month, but Joe had not.  We're getting pretty close to our first milestone on the Hiking Club (the 25-mile patch).  In order to get him caught up, we headed to Gooseberry for a little walk in the woods.


Joe and Thunderdog at Gooseberry Falls.
Perhaps I should rename this blog "Joe Looking at Things"?

It was a warm day - for the North Shore.  I think that the temperature was close to EIGHTY DEGREES!!  Compared to most of Minnesota, that's downright chilly...but apparently I have acclimated to the cooler temps up here.  I was boiling hot!

Looking out over the lake

What else can I say?  We completed the Hiking Club Trail (Joe missed the password sign, but not to worry - I had it already) and, being boiling hot, we got in the car and went back home.  We listened to both games of a Twins/Royals doubleheader (Twins won both - yay!) and played Ticket to Ride.  Perfect hot summer day.


Total miles hiked today: 2.2
Total miles hiked (in 2012): 63.9
Total ticks today: Joe - 0; Thunderdog - 0; Elly - 0
Total ticks (in 2012): 45

No comments:

Post a Comment